The 19th Annual At-Home Dads Convention will be held in Denver, CO at the SpringHill Suites in Downtown Denver on Friday September 19 and Saturday September 20, 2014. It is organized by The National At-Home Dad Network, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to connecting stay-at-home dads.
Since the beginning, the Annual At-Home Dads Convention has sought to accomplish two goals:
- Connect stay-at-home dads.
- Enhance their parenting skills.
Nearly all the sessions are facilitated discussions which provide the at-home dads in attendance the opportunity to ask questions and offer comments to the experts.
While stay-at-home dads are doing the same job as stay-at-home moms, their methods, interests and challenges are vastly different. Connecting with other at-home dads removes the isolation some stay-at-home dads feel and provides a peer network for support. It also empowers at-home dads to rally against stigma that others may have against men who leave the workforce to care for their children.
Aside from these important connections, stay-at-home dads are first and foremost, parents. They struggle with behavioral challenges, potty training and child education issues. The National At-Home Dad Network brings in the best parenting experts in the country to give at-home dads new tools and strategies that help them raise their children. And these experts understand and embrace the fact that dads parent differently than moms.
Please visit the Event Schedule to learn about what is coming for this year’s Convention.
Here are reports from previous Conventions:
- Stay-At-Home Dads Conference: James Kline and Austin Dowd of North Carolina talk about their participation in the nationwide stay-at-home dads conference by NBC17
- The Weekend the Men Went… to the At-Home Dads Convention by Matt Peregoy
- Laughs and Vocation: My 17th Annual At-Home Dads Convention Report by Tyler Watson
- We Are Not Alone Dads! by Chris Bernholdt
- 10 Parenting Resources Highlighted by @DrReneParenting by Matt Peregoy
- Why I Attended the At-Home Dad Convention by Matt Peregoy
- Press Release: Daddyshome Holds 16th Annual Convention
- Stay-At-Home Dads: The Radical Choice to be a Traditional Caregiver by Role/Reboot
- Art Museum and Kids? by Al Watts
- What Do You Do at an At-Home Dads Convention? by Matt Peregoy
- 16th Annual At-Home Dads Convention Report by Joe Agro
- Quotes You Don’t Hear From SAHD (Part 1 of Featured Presentration by Dr. Aaron Rochlen) by Matt Peregoy
- What Wives Really Think of At-Home Dads (Part 2 of Featured Presentation by Dr. Aaron Rochlen) by Al Watts
- Changing Roles for Men and the Stigma Felt by At-Home Dads (video excerpt of Featured Presentation by Dr. Aaron Rochlen) by Mike Bates
- What Working Women Say About At-Home Dads by Bobblehead Dad Radio Show featuring Dr. Marianne Dunn