The 21st Annual At-Home Dads Convention will be held in Raleigh, NC, on October 7-9, 2016.
Oct. 7 – Official Pre-Convention Activities and evening Welcome Party!
Oct. 8-9 – Two full days of programming!
Additional elective activities, such as tours of local sights, volunteer opportunities, and a “Dad’s Night Out,” will take place on Thursday, October 6th for those who have arrived. Details TBA.
Venue and Official Hotel
The 21th Annual At-Home Dads Convention will take place in the fantastic event space at Marbles Kids Museum, located at 201 East Hargett Street in Raleigh, NC. For general museum information, please call 919.834.4040 or check out their website.
Our official hotel is once again the Raleigh Marriott City Center, located at 500 Fayetteville Street in Raleigh, just a few blocks from Marbles Kids Museum. Watch for links here after Registration opens, to book your room at our special Convention rate.
More About the Convention
The Annual At-Home Dads Convention is organized by the National At-Home Dad Network, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to connecting stay-at-home dads. To read more about last year’s record-breaking event, visit here.
Since the beginning, the Annual At-Home Dads Convention has sought to accomplish two goals:
- Connect stay-at-home dads.
- Enhance their parenting skills.
Nearly all the sessions are facilitated discussions which provide the at-home dads in attendance the opportunity to ask questions and offer comments to the experts.
While stay-at-home dads are doing the same job as stay-at-home moms, their methods, interests and challenges are vastly different. Connecting with other at-home dads removes the isolation some stay-at-home dads feel and provides a peer network for support. It also empowers at-home dads to rally against stigma that others may have against men who leave the workforce to care for their children.
Aside from these important connections, stay-at-home dads are first and foremost, parents. They struggle with behavioral challenges, potty training and child education issues. The National At-Home Dad Network brings in the best parenting experts in the country to give at-home dads new tools and strategies that help them raise their children. And these experts understand and embrace the fact that dads parent differently than moms.
Please visit the Event Schedule to see what happened at last year’s Convention.
Here are reports from previous Conventions:
- At-Home Dads Convention Heralds Change in Attitudes, Market Power by The Denver Post, September 20, 2014
- Rewriting Fatherhood by Jessica DeGroot of Third Path Institute Philadelphia, PA
- Lifted, A Mile High by Mike Heenan of At Home Dad Matters San Francisco, CA
- Handshakes, Hugs and Honesty by Christopher Persley of The Brown Gothamite New York, NY
- The Brotherhood of the NAHDN Convention by Carl Wilke of Big Cheese Dad Tacoma, WA
- The National At Home Dad Network Convention Saved Me by Chris Bernholdt of DadNCharge Philadelphia, PA
- 5 Lessons from the At-Home Dad Convention by Chris Routly of Daddy Doctrines Portland, OR
- Hanging with 103 Dads at the At-Home Dads Convention by Dave Taylor of Go Fatherhood Boulder, CO
- Summing Up the At-Home Dad Convention by Marc Mitchell of Awesome SAHD Tampa, FL
- Stay-At-Home Dads Conference: James Kline and Austin Dowd of North Carolina talk about their participation in the nationwide stay-at-home dads conference by NBC17
- The Weekend the Men Went… to the At-Home Dads Convention by Matt Peregoy
- Laughs and Vocation: My 17th Annual At-Home Dads Convention Report by Tyler Watson
- We Are Not Alone Dads! by Chris Bernholdt
- 10 Parenting Resources Highlighted by @DrReneParenting by Matt Peregoy
- Why I Attended the At-Home Dad Convention by Matt Peregoy
- Press Release: Daddyshome Holds 16th Annual Convention
- Stay-At-Home Dads: The Radical Choice to be a Traditional Caregiver by Role/Reboot
- Art Museum and Kids? by Al Watts
- What Do You Do at an At-Home Dads Convention? by Matt Peregoy
- 16th Annual At-Home Dads Convention Report by Joe Agro
- Quotes You Don’t Hear From SAHD (Part 1 of Featured Presentration by Dr. Aaron Rochlen) by Matt Peregoy
- What Wives Really Think of At-Home Dads (Part 2 of Featured Presentation by Dr. Aaron Rochlen) by Al Watts
- Changing Roles for Men and the Stigma Felt by At-Home Dads (video excerpt of Featured Presentation by Dr. Aaron Rochlen) by Mike Bates
- What Working Women Say About At-Home Dads by Bobblehead Dad Radio Show featuring Dr. Marianne Dunn