The National At-Home Dad Network is currently accepting proposals for Breakout Sessions and Panel Discussions for the Annual At-Home Dad Convention, being held October 7-9, 2016 in Raleigh, NC. This will be our 21st year running, making it the second longest-running fatherhood convention in the United States.
The At-Home Dad Convention is all about parenting, the shared experience of being a stay-at-home father, and connecting with other stay-at-home dads both locally and nationally. As such, we’re looking for sessions and panels that fit into these sorts of general categories:
- Being a Great Dad – e.g. Dads and Teenage Daughters, Embracing “Dad” As Your Full-Time Job
- General Parenting – e.g. Potty Training tips and tricks, Raising Healthy Eaters
- Dad Groups – e.g. How to Grow Your Local Dad’s Group, Engaging Local Moms to find Local Dads
- SAHD Advocacy – e.g. Making Your Own Community More Dad-Friendly, Picking Your Battles
- Creative – e.g. The DO’s and DON’Ts of Dad-Blogging, Writing Children’s Books
These are merely guidelines, and we are open to suggestions that still fit within the scope of our goals of connecting, serving, empowering, educating and advocating for stay-at-home dads across the country.
Proposals must include:
- Your name, email address, phone number, and website (if applicable).
- A working title and short description of the breakout session or panel discussion.
- A statement of why the topic is important to at-home dads.
- A brief description of issues that could be discussed.
- For panel proposals, please give names or descriptions of possible panelists and the proposed moderator. If you have specific people in mind, please identify them. Firm commitments are not needed, but it helps to know if those people would be willing to serve. If you don’t have names, say what type of panelist you are aiming for. We are most interested in panelists who are (or were at one time) themselves a stay-at-home dad, but well qualified or experienced panelist that can offer a valuable insight on a topic are welcome to be submitted even if they are/were not a stay-at-home dad.
If your session or panel is chosen, you will work with a representative from the National At-Home Dad Network to make sure that the interests of the group are represented. All speakers and panelists will get free registration to the Convention. (Travel and accommodations are your responsibility unless otherwise arranged with Convention organizers.)
At the At-Home Dad Convention it is important to us that we facilitate a lot of discussion with attendees. To that end, all session or panel moderators would be expected to encourage questions and comments from the attendees, and keep the discussion friendly and on topic.
We are committed to making the 2016 Convention bigger and better than ever, and we look forward to having your participation!