Dr. Robert Frank, Professor of Psychology at Oakton Community College in the Chicago area, began the annual convention for at-home dads as part of his study of this unique family arrangement. As more and more dads learned about the event, it grew into a way for stay-at-home dads to connect and enhance their parenting skills.
After 10 years, regular attendees Andy Ferguson, Dayv Glusing, Phil Andrew, Hogan Hilling, Brian Chalmers and others with the National At-Home Dad Network took over the responsibility of organizing the Convention. They took the Convention “on the road” and have hosted it in different destination cities throughout the U.S.
Now, entering its 21st year, the Annual At-Home Dads Convention is the 2nd longest-running fatherhood event in the country and still proudly organized by dads for dads.
- 1996 – 2005 – Oakton Community College, Chicago, IL
- 2006 – 2007 – University of Kansas City – Missouri, Kansas City, MO
- 2008 – Holiday Inn Hotel, Sacramento, CA
- 2009 – 2010 – Durham Museum, Omaha, NE
- 2011 – George Washington Middle School, Washington, DC
- 2012 – Durant Art Center, Washington, DC
- 2013 – Auraria Campus, Denver, CO
- 2014 – SpringHill Suites, September 19-20, Denver, CO
- 2015 – 2016 – Marbles Kids Museum, Raleigh, NC
- 2017 – TBA, Portland, OR