The best way to get new members for your dads group is to make your group easy to find. We provide the most complete and up-to-date list of stay at-home dad groups in the U.S. and Canada and our website is among the most visited by at-home dads. Adding your group to our website is fast, easy and affordable (in that it takes less than 2 minutes and costs you nothing!).
To get listed on our website, your dad group must:
- Have at least one member.
- Provide contact information of a Chapter Representative to The National At-Home Dad Network. This Chapter Representative will receive free Full Voting Membership into NAHDN and coordinate communication between NAHDN and the members of your dad group.
- Always be open to new members.
- Have policies that align with the mission of The National At-Home Dad Network to support, educate and advocate for fathers who are the primary caregivers of their children and its status as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Be inclusive of dads of all races, religion, nationality, and sexual orientation.
- Establish it’s own website or web presence. The group may use the four color boxes of our national logo for it’s logo. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Able to receive emails from The National At-Home Dad Network
- Renew the Chapter annually.
To have a successful stay-at-home dads group, The National At-Home Dad Network recommends your group:
- Offer weekly playgroups
- Offer monthly dad’s night outs
- Make your group private and screen new members before adding them to your group. The recommended way is to provide a prospective member information about an upcoming playgroup or dad’s night out and meet him in person at one of them before adding him as a member.
- Use a Yahoo or Google group, Meet-up, Facebook or similar service to communicate with the members of the group.
- Acknowledge that the group is a Chapter of The National At-Home Dad Network on all correspondence, including web pages, stationary and brochures. Logos of NAHDN and the Convention are available to all dad groups listed on our site and are recommended to appear on the group’s website along with a link to www.AtHomeDad.org.
- Read the resource information on how to Start a Dads Group, Grow a Dads Group and Maintain a Dads Group and contact your Regional Coordinator if you need help or advice about your group.